Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I have a few things today. First up are two quilted zipper pouches. I have them cut, quilted and ready to go. I was just waiting on my zipper foot which got here yesterday evening. The red one is for my mom, the blue strip pieced for my sister.


Then there is this fabric for another zipper pouch for my daughters partner. The dusty grey is  left from a quilt I hand dyed all the fabrics for many years ago. I am going to incorporate that gold somehow, I'm just not sure how yet.


 I am almost done with the fingerless gloves I dyed and spun the yarn for. I really like these, and I'm not sure if they will end up as a gift or not. I didn't have anyone in mind when I started knitting them, but I can think of a couple of people who might like them.


Last thing is not really a wip, but I came across this fabric when I was looking for linings for something else. I bought it at least 6 years ago when I worked at Hancock Fabrics. I meant to make a fishing shirt out of it but never did. I'm going to try and get it made before spring. Maybe for my son. Maybe for me.  


I still have 3 other gifts I haven't even picked fabric for yet, but since they are staying here I have a few days longer to work on them. And then there is scrap-a-palooza. I only need 4 more blocks for a completed quilt top!

No comments: