Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Birthday!

Today is my birthday, and the girls got me an incredible costuming resource. I don't have the camera working (I didn't charge the batteries again!),so I can't take a picture, but this is a link to the book at Amazon:
The Complete Costume History / Vollstandige Kostumgeschichte / Le Costume Historique
I've only looked through a fraction of it, it's huge and will take me awhile to get through but I really like it. I'd heard of it from the historical costume sites which I sometimes visit, but I never thought I'd actually have a copy of my own. It covers history as well as folk costumes up to the time the book was written, plus it also shows accesories, home furnishings and interiors, and just lots more. It's a great reference. Thank you Melissa and Siobhan!

I got the bells for the elephant so I am going to do the applique today and if I'm lucky I'll get the whole bag done. I'd like to get it in the mail by Friday if I can.

No comments: