Sunday, March 11, 2007

Celtic Applique


I have this picture of a 2 headed Celtic snake which would look excellent on a bag appliqued in 2 colors, I'm not sure exactly how I am going to accomplish this, but I think I am about to give it a try. Bias tape comes to mind, but I'm not sure I like that. Maybe I'll try 2 different fabrics and just cut at the intersections to entwine them together. They will be fused down and then satin stitched over the cuts. I don't know how it will end up looking, but I'm going to give it a try and see how it works.

I was working on a small Irish chain wall hanging and I kept screwing it up so I put it on the side but I might go back to it today. I kept putting one of the pieces on the side on the wrong way, I did it about 3 or 4 times so I finally gave up. It's made with a shamrock print, a white on white and another green print. If I get it done today I'll post a picture.

No comments: