Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Bunch of Stuff

I've had the radio on all morning, and listened to the news coming from Virginia Tech. What do you say in the face of something like this? They'll be talking about it for awhile. I can't begin to imagine how the families of the kids feel. It's a terrible thing, but I really hope it helps to change the gun laws in this country. If that happens, at least something good will have come from this.
I was going to sew but I think I'll sit outside, the weather is warm and sunny. I have some embroidery I want to try, so maybe I'll do that.
I finally sold another bag on Etsy, just when I thought I wasn't going to sell anything else, and we have decided to move in with John's mom. She needs someone to help her out monetarily, and since the housing market has tanked, it's pretty obvious her house will not sell. So the best solution seems to be us going there. I figure this will be, at the very least, for 3 years, although I suspect it's for the duration, however long that seems to be. There are some pluses, my work space will double so fitting a loom and spinning wheel will not be a problem. And my garden will be a nice size. John and I will loose some privacy, but we've only been alone since December when Siobhan moved, and sometimes I really miss her, so that's not a really big deal to me. The house is farther away from any stores, but I can still walk up to one. All in all I think it will be better for Irene and for us.

No comments: