Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spinning Wheel





I spent the afternoon with Joan, and I feel a bit guilty. I didn't help her do much of anything and I brought home her grandmothers spinning wheel. It's a castle type, it looks like it was well used, the wood is wearing away on the front of the treadle. But it still turns quite nicely. I have it all together but haven't hooked the footman to the treadle, I can't figure out how. It hooks right on to the fly wheel, but I can't figure out if it ties on or what. So I am going to look for directions. Anyway, I'm anxious to get started now. Joan said we should all dress up in costume and bring the spinning wheel, the loom and a treadle down to work for our sidewalk sale. We can all dress up and do little demos. That would be fun, if I learn to spin by then.

No comments: