Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter and Shopping Bags






We are having dinner at Richard and Chris' today. It's really cold, not at all spring like. We have been having some wintery weather the last few days. It was just so warm two weeks ago, too! The weather forecast is for colder than average for the next week.


Here are some pics of some of the shopping bags I've made. They are all from organic cotton, and are really easy. I am going to make a smaller one to use for a lunch bag when I go to work. I also have 3 plain ones made from organic hemp, which I am giving to Carla. She was talking about the flourescent light bulbs, too. She wants to buy a bunch and hand them out for free to people, which is a good idea, too. I didn't mean to put the flowered one twice! I can't figure out how to get rid of it.


On another note, my boss and I had been noticing for the last month or so that sewing machines had been missing at work. We suspected who it was, and thanks to the input from a couple of other people, along with our own knowledge, we put 2 and 2 together and caught her. She had been pawning the machines, and I searched for them on E-bay, the pawn shop had 5 of them listed on E-bay and all together they had 9 machines. The police were called and they went over to the pawn shop and sure enough, she had signed whatever it is you have to sign when you pawn something. She knew something was up because she left the store, she had listened in on a conversation with Mr. Skeen and the police and I guess realized they knew who had done it. They did not arrest her though, I guess because it was Easter weekend and so late in the day on Friday, they couldn't get to a judge to issue a warrant. I wasn't sure if Hancock would press charges, but last I heard they are going to, the $ amount makes it a felony. I feel bad for her 2 kids, but luckily they have a wonderful grandmother who is willing to take care of them.

No comments: