Friday, April 27, 2007

Getting Started

I've read everything I can get my hands on, and I think for a practice piece I am going to do something like the Black Eyed Susans quilt in the book Landscape Quilts. I realize I don't know much about shading and light, and if I recreate something, it will give me a feel. I think I am going to do just a bunch of different flowers, though, instead of just the Black Eyed Susans. I have a piece of fabric that has a lot of different wildflowers on a black background so I'll start with that. Then I'll start going through my stash for leaves and grasses. I need one other fabric for the bottom foilage, I may not have one. The sky will be the blue I dyed yesterday. I have to find my fabric paints, I have some somewhere; I haven't used them in so long I'm not sure where I put them. What I don't have is a glue stick and some really sharp small scissors. When John comes home we need to go to the post office anyway, so I'll get them then. I'm pretty excited now that I know what I want to do. I'll take pics and post them as I go along. I also may do a bit more dyeing this afternoon.

No comments: