Friday, January 09, 2015

Misty Mountain Hop

I finally finished this yarn that, according to the date I entered on the projects page on Ravelry, I started on Nov. 8th. I finished plying it yesterday and called it Misty Mountain Hop because that song was playing when I was trying to think of a name and the colors are kind of misty. Anyway, it's fitting that I post this finish today because it's Jimmy Page's birthday! Kind of a celebration/birthday gift, although the real celebration will be tonight when I settle in with some Angry Orchards, Fireball and an evening of Led Zeppelin music. I find I like this yarn now that it's plied, it ended up a light worsted and there are 180 yds of it. I usually do a 2 or 4 ply, this is only the second 3 ply I've spun.
I'm thinking a hat, although I like knitting fingerless gloves.


I have a couple of other finishes for the week. I finally got a small runner made for the top of the craft books bookcase. I like it, although the binding could have been a bit better. That's my collection of drop spindles, notice that two of them have projects on them. 


And then I made this for my husbands desk. He was using a dirty piece of paper that he taped to his desk for a coaster. He never changed it, so now he has this oversized coaster instead that I can wash! The rest of his desk is a mess, but whatever. 


Happy Friday! I'm linking up to finish it up Friday.


4 comments:

Blue Moth said...

I love your oversized coaster! Does he deserve it?

Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) said...

Love that yarn!! The colors are so beautiful!!! Also love your hubby's coaster.... I'm sure it'll work out so much better than the piece of paper :-)

~ Jess ~
Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

Paula said...

So far he likes the coaster, and he does deserve one. He's a pretty great guy!

Deanna said...

I wonder if my hubby would use a mug rug at work. Your yarn looks like it is very comfortable!