Friday, January 16, 2015

The Deepest Blues Are Black Tote

I actually finished this tote as a Christmas present but I didn't get a picture of it til yesterday. I actually began to see it as a quilt top which will be called The Deepest Blues are Black, and yes it was inspired by a song title by the Foo Fighters. I really like it, it gave me a chance to use some of the Kona that I had dyed for a quilted wall hanging many years ago. I didn't use the blues in the hanging, and while I have cut a few chunks off of them here and there, there were three sizable pieces left. I mixed them with some other blue scraps I had, and threw in a few bits of black. Once it gets warm I'm going to dye some more blues and start on a quilt.  


I also made a little eyeglass case. I needed one, and it was so quick to make!


1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Love both items. The blues are so intense! And I really like how you quilted that bag.