Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rainbow String Blocks

I've been wanting to make a string quilt for awhile now and here's the beginning of it.




I've got the strings ironed for the purple block already, I just don't have it made yet. I'm thinking of making this one a "summer quilt", with no batting, just a back. I have a patchwork summer quilt already but it's a bit small for our bed, I made it for a full sized bed . This one will be a bit thicker  because I'm using muslin squares for a foundation, and if I back it in flannel it will be just right for late spring and early fall. One thing for sure is that I have to get more orange fabrics. Depending upon how I put it together I'll need 5-7 orange string blocks and I just don't have that much orange. Jo Ann has all their cotton prints on sale thru Saturday for 40% off, I guess I'll be making a trip over there.
I've been working on scrap-a-palooza too. I'll take a couple of pictures of it once it's finished.

No comments: