Monday, September 18, 2006

Finally Finished!


Well the chair pads are finally finished! I have to say I'm not so sure of the last one, I was going to take all the beach out and just do a light brown sandy one, but I just wanted them to be done. I think they are ok, I'm sure I'll get much better the more rugs I hook. I ordered Maryanne Lincoln's Comprehensive Dyeing Book and I can't wait til it gets here, her book shows how to make a ton of colors with just 5 of the Cushings dyes.
I did another dye run using crab apple leaves with alum as the mordant and got almost a golden tan. I am going to try it again using vinegar and see what happens.
I think I am going to make a hit or miss rug with all of the bits of wool I have left over, but I am going to make the overalls for E-bay and get some more craft show stuff done. I'm off tomorrow and I am going to make myself get the overalls done before I can do anything else. They shouldn't take that long anyway. But since I have a couple of hours before work I am going to draw out the hit or miss one. Sio saw one she likes and I am going to do it, I will post a picture of the pattern once it's drawn.

No comments: